Water Crisis: Witness the Reality and the Ways to Save

Do you know four billion people, almost two-thirds of the world’s population, face water scarcity for at least one month each year? This is because 97.5% of the Earth’s water is locked in oceans and seas, which is of no use to humans. And from the remaining 2.5%, only 1% covers fresh water used for drinking, cleaning, irrigation, etc. This blog is a real eye-opener concluding with one of the solid solutions at the end.


UNICEF is an organization that works at multiple levels to address the issue of water scarcity and curb such crises. A report by UNICEF stated, “Half of the world’s population could be living in areas facing water scarcity by as early as 2025.” In addition, the report also suggested, “Almost 700 million people could be displaced by intense water scarcity by 2030.” Can you imagine how huge these numbers are?

Water scarcity is today a challenge for the population of the entire world. There is a mismatch between the freshwater demand and availability worldwide. There are many countries face extreme water stress, and sadly this number is increasing by leaps and bounds.

Why Should We Save Water?

Water is amongst the natural resources that are limited and most of our lives are dependent on them. There are various uses of water where the water cannot be replaced by any other natural or unnatural resource. Here comes the need to save water. Scroll down to know why it is important to save water.

●      Water if overexploited can lead to scarcity.

●      To satisfy our needs and not greed, water is essential.

●      Water being a limited resource should be spent wisely.

After we have known the need of the hour, it is necessary to look into ways that will help in conserving water.

 7 Most Effective Ways to Save Water

1.    Catch Rainwater: Installing water harvesters in your house can save up to 5000 liters of water per year. Your plants will grow effectively if you water them the natural rainwater instead of treated tap water.

2.    Turn off your Tap/Shower: Unnecessary running of the tap wastes 6 liters of water per minute. Turn off your taps and get your leaking taps fixed to save this amount of water. Limit your shower time and use a bucket for a bath instead.

3.    Avoid Food Waste: Vegetables, fruits, and cereals require a huge amount of water while they are grown. If we encourage food wastage then this will result in the wastage of water. Always prepare or buy food in the amount that you can consume and which avoids food wastage.

4.    Gardening at a specific time: Choose to water your plants in the early morning or at the end of the day to avoid immediate evaporation in sunlight and heat. Also, water the soil of the plants, so that it reaches straight to the roots where it is needed.

5.    Regular Plumbing: We often don’t notice our taps and pipes leaking which unknowingly wastes a lot of water. Maintain a routine regime of getting your taps, pipes, water pumps, and water tanks checked and repaired if required.

Require Plumbing solutions. What’s better than our Plumbing services at Khawarizmi?

6.    One Full-load Machine Wash: While washing clothes in the washing machine, try to fill the machine with one full load of clothes instead of 2-half loads of clothes.

7.    Create Awareness: We as responsible citizens should keep spreading awareness about saving water. We ourselves should try to save as much water as possible and also make sure to look into the surroundings to stop the wastage of water.

Get Our Plumbing Services to Stop Leakages 

Every day 15 liters of water in a single household are wasted by leakages themselves and we keep ignoring the fact considering it a small problem. Worried about where you can get your taps and pipes checked? Or from where you can get your faulty parts repaired? We have got you covered. At khawarizmi, you can enjoy our Plumbing services rendered by our experts, who are trained and experienced in giving the plumbing solution. We have also got various parts that can replace your worn-out parts at reasonable prices.

  • Float Switch
  • HP Pipes and Fittings
  • PPR Pipes and Fittings
  • Pressure Control
  • UPVC Pipes and Fittings
  • Water Pump

Be wise and responsible in choosing effective ways to save water because the day is not far when we will be on the edge of this water crisis and be left with no solutions for both our lives and the coming generations.


Posted on 08 September 2022

shereef pudiyottil

all author posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are makes.